Deepening the Approach – Uncovering Hidden Dynamics is 1 of 4 modules in the Organizational Dynamics in Organizations Certificate program.
Modules can be taken individually, or as part of a complete Certificate program. Modules can be taken in any order, but starting with the Introduction to Organizational Dynamics in the Workplace will provide a strong foundation for the other modules.
Launching and maintaining a business is a challenge. Launching and maintaining family run business is multi-layered and multi-challenged. Although the statistics are that only 30% of family run organizations survive, those odds are still higher than non-family run businesses.
Some people try one business after another and it seems as if nothing flies. Or perhaps the first business flies and then they just cannot seem to reproduce the same results. Yet, on the surface it appears that nothing has changed.
Some family businesses seem to do well for the first generation and then the children get involved. The children are educated, refined, intelligent and yet the business begins to falter. The company fizzles and so too the founder’s dreams of leaving a legacy for the children and grandchildren.
So what do family businesses need to become thriving legacies?
Apparently, those that do succeed have an appreciation and gratitude for the contribution of their parents, grandparents, etc. They know the history. They know how and why their grandparents either continued or founded the business. They know that their present day contributions would not even have been possible without the insight, courage of the ancestors that came before them and so will come across as modest. Integrity is part of the family code of ethics.
Let’s take a look at the type of advice available for Family Run Businesses:
- Keep an open line of communication with clear expectations and roles.
- Logic not emotion.
- Reward competence not genetics.
- Be fair.
- Take time for family.
- Avoid two classes of employees: family and non-family.
- Be clear on what is a family decision/business decision.
- Consider family meetings and business meetings to know how you are doing as a family in the business, where you want to be in 5-25-50 years.
These seem logical and yet in spite of all this logical, practical advice businesses many times.
If you have a business, of 1, 2, 102, or 1002, this course will show you how to ensure that your business is your dream and not a nightmare.
This module is one of 4. It can be a stand alone module or it can count towards your International Certification from the Hellinger Institute of the Netherlands for System Dynamics in Organizations. It qualifies for 30 CEE’s from the International Coach Federation.
Although this module can equally apply to the dynamics in any organization, there will be special emphasis on solo-preneurs and family run businesses.
What you will learn
- What can prevent your business from being the success you envision
- How to ensure that change flows easily and smoothly
- How to test, design and launch products
- How you bring your family to work, no matter how hard you try to leave it at home.
- How you belong at work.
- How people can be at conflict at work and the best of friends elsewhere.
- Possible leadership dynamics that can hinder success of the organization.
- What can happen when 2 or more organizations mix or merge…
- How family systems impact your professional life.
- You will receive your case study outline that you can apply immediately.
- Presentation of case studies from peers who have completed all 4 modules.
This course is delivered by Master Trainer: Judy Wilkins-Smith
Dates and Location
Please view our Workshops calendar to register for upcoming sessions.
$1,200.00 US – There is an early bird rate.
This course qualifies for 30 Continuing Education Credits from the International Coach Federation.
For more information:
For more information about this course or any of our other workshops and services, please contact Rosalba Stocco.
*Organizers and instructors reserve the right to modify course content to suit participant needs and/or change course offering dates, if necessary.
Due to the hands-on nature of the course, space is limited. Register as soon as possible in order to guarantee your spot!
Group discount available if 5 or more members register from the same organization.