- stapling your stomach,
- the new miracle drug or herb
- Do I blame others for anything? When I blame I do not carry my weight. “They have never been there for me.”
- Do I have realistic or unrealistic expectations of what they can do? “He needs to help out more with Mom and Dad.”
- Do I need them to be responsible for my emotional or psychological well being? “Because Dad was an alcoholic and mom was emotional unavailable, this is who I am.”
- Do I expect them to be responsible for my financial well being? “They need to pick up the tab when we go out for dinner.”
- Do I need them to be responsible for my physical health? “I do not exercise because no one comes with me.”
- When it comes to family, am I gaining at someone else’s expense?
- Am I acknowledging the sacrifices that were made by my parents or grandparents, or great grandparents? And is it possible they gained at someone else’s expense?
Do I know the history and the language of the people where my house stands on?
Do I know who is responsible for the food that is in my mouth?
This is not an ideal world. It rains, it snows, it sleets, it hails. We have tsunamis, tornados, floods, volcanoes that erupt and it is our responsibility to do our part to deal with whatever comes our way. Sometimes we rise to the challenge and sometimes we struggle to meet the challenge.