How significant or traumatic events impact organizations
Can an organization show symptoms of trauma? YES!
Just as our bodies create symptoms to let us know when we are ill, hidden dynamics within an organization manifest symptoms to let us know when we are ill, hidden dynamics with an organization manifest symptoms to draw attention to what may be out of balance, in need of change or stuck. They are pointers. Once seen and corrected, the positive impact can be felt financially and organizationally for years to come. Undiagnosed and unresolved, long term impact can result in millions of dollars in lost revenue and often show up in companies through:
- High turnover, especially with specific roles within the company that were most effected by the event
- Low morale (departmentally and/or corporate wide)
- Repetitive and costly mistakes
Success and Failure in Organizations is one of four modules offered with Master Trainer Judy Wilkins-Smith in Guelph, Ontario, USA, and in 2015 in Australia.
Consider how the following significant events can affect your business:
- The addition/discontinuation of a product or service
- Company downsizing
- Fast, sudden or major expansion
- High leadership/role turnover in a short period of time
- Hostile takeover
- Major change in a company’s corporate policies
- Change in corporate direction, vision, or mission
- Accidents that result in fatalities or disability
Awareness of how significant events and/or trauma impact an organization, a community or a country is only now surfacing. One ignored traumatic event in an organization’s history can determine whether the company thrives, remains stuck or dies. Clues can be found in the language of the employees, their metaphors, the repeating patterns in the organizations, the moral, the turnover in various positions and more.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- how significant events can influence an organization for decades after the event
- what is “trauma” in an organization
- the symptoms of trauma in an organization
- see the clues and remove the blind spots to what is happening
- identify the systemic dynamic that is impacting your business, organization, non-profit
- untangle the systemic dynamic that is keeping your business stuck
- resolve the systemic dynamic that will allow your organization to thrive
- use offboarding and onboarding to maintain the right staff
- present your case study (peers who have completed all 4 modules will present their case study)
- apply the case study outline to your own business to enhance what you offer.
This course is delivered by Master Trainer: Judy Wilkins-Smith
Dates and Location
Please view our Workshops calendar to register for upcoming sessions.
$1,200.00 US – There is an early bird rate.
This course qualifies for 30 Continuing Education Credits from the International Coach Federation.
For more information:
For more information about this course or any of our other workshops and services, please contact Rosalba Stocco.
*Organizers and instructors reserve the right to modify course content to suit participant needs and/or change course offering dates, if necessary.
Due to the hands-on nature of the course, space is limited. Register as soon as possible in order to guarantee your spot!
Group discount available if 5 or more members register from the same organization.