Organizational Constellation Work (OCW) is the study and practice of understanding organizations as living systems and the principles that guide them with their inherent need for balance, internal order and the ability to exchange with other living systems.
Every group or organization develops patterned ways of operating (invisible dynamics) that affect all its members and often affects the organization’s ability to perform by consuming resources of time and energy. OCW reveals these dynamics, finds the hidden strengths and resources, and initiates change that can be immediately implemented.
What are the Benefits of Organizational Constellation Work (OCW) /Systemic Dynamics for the Workplace?
- Time and cost effective solution-focused approach.
- Being able to see the issue, obstacles and potential resolution in one session.
- Moving from seeing problems as problems to understanding that they were originally solutions for an issue at the time the events occurred.
- Removing blocks by seeing invisible dynamics and unconscious loyalties and reframing them to reflect solutions and strength.
- Seeing their own unique dynamics and using them to craft powerful resolutions.
- Gaining broader perspective by accessing the entire “brain” of the organization.
- Co-creating resolutions with the client; leaving ultimate ownership with the client.
- Equipping the client with skills and a non-judgmental language that can be taken back to their organization and used immediately.
- Eliciting greater “buy in” and engagement in the process of change, direction, implementation .
Unique dynamics surface in each organization
The premise in all of our services is based on the belief that there are unique dynamics that surface in each organization. Sometimes the dynamics result in a superb bottom line and sometimes the dynamics that surface can present themselves as:
“In all chaos there is a cosmos In all disorder a secret order.”
- Dysfunctional teams
- Conflict-difficult people
- Revolving door of employees
- Leadership challenges
These patterns are clues provided by the system of what is asking to be seen, heard, acknowledged, respected and permitted to rest in peace. The system is speaking and is asking to be heard and understood.