- stapling your stomach,
- the new miracle drug or herb
- Do I blame others for anything? When I blame I do not carry my weight. “They have never been there for me.”
- Do I have realistic or unrealistic expectations of what they can do? “He needs to help out more with Mom and Dad.”
- Do I need them to be responsible for my emotional or psychological well being? “Because Dad was an alcoholic and mom was emotional unavailable, this is who I am.”
- Do I expect them to be responsible for my financial well being? “They need to pick up the tab when we go out for dinner.”
- Do I need them to be responsible for my physical health? “I do not exercise because no one comes with me.”
- When it comes to family, am I gaining at someone else’s expense?
- Am I acknowledging the sacrifices that were made by my parents or grandparents, or great grandparents? And is it possible they gained at someone else’s expense?
Do I know who is responsible for the food that is in my mouth?
Do I know how the animals who produced my eggs were raised?
Do I know how the animal I eat was fed and slaughtered?
Do I know the emotional, psychological cost of those who made my clothes?